Tuesday 8 March 2011

With the Death of Winter

I feel like I have been reborn. Seriously. 


And it's in this city of London that has drained the life-blood of my existence these past three months through its dreary winter temperament that tends to lash out at one immediately upon leaving his cosy, centrally heated domain.


BUT. WOW. London has romanced my heart afresh and has instilled in me a sense of hope that this once scarlet-woman-of-a-town actually may have my interests at heart. Just maybe.


To start things off -  two words. CUT COPY.
The Australian lads did not disappoint as they packed the Kentish Town's Forum for a laser-lighted, smoke-laden and digitally advanced performance which just kept me smiling the whole set.


From the beginnings of Where I'm Going I immediately felt like summer and all things warm had literally come upon me. I immediately burst into a what I call the Charlie Chaplin stride where one walks in an exaggerated  motion in the same spot - it felt appropriate at the time! I wanted to grab the hand of the person next to me and pretend we were taking a stroll along Broadway Market on the pathway to London Fields. Or down Columbia Road Flower Market enveloped in the humming of the French jazz group that so often serenades that fragrantly colourful lane.
The rest of the performance could have been awful after that point for all cared as I was already decided the night was good one.


BUT it got even better with Lights and Music and Hearts on Fire.


Thank you Cut Copy for bringing the spring to London.


So I awoke the next morning and waving her white flag of surrender was the London winter. The sun was beaming sweet rays of goodness; the birds singing songs of laughter. It was a dream and all the people walking by me on the street were experiencing the same sleep.


To celebrate, Emma and I decided to pay tribute to London and visit one of her museums - The London Street Photography Exhibit.


While small, the photographs were mesmerising with the two of us in visual awe of how impeccably dressed many of the common Londoners were. Something that has been devastatingly lost.


Some of my favourites.















May the warmth prosper...

No comments:

Post a Comment