Saturday 20 November 2010

Lilith

Travelling abroad has meant I have had many hours of waiting in transit at airports and passing time on the plane itself. I have a fascination with books and find myself side-tracked just by the mere sight of a bookstore and I absolutely must walk in, even just for a quick browse. Books hold so much within them and if you find a good one, it can be like making a new friend. This also makes it hard when you turn that last page and realise your acquaintance must come to an end.


                                          Lilith is one of these such friends.

Having reached the end of an epic ethereal journey along side the cleverly named character, Mr Vane, I was consequently guided to read this line of text on the last page.

''Man dreams and desires; God broods and wills and quickens. When a man dreams his own dream he is the sport of his dream;
When Another gives it him, that Other is able to fulfil it''.

I cannot tell you how deeply this statement penetrated my heart, but it was in there! Sometimes the simplest words can speak so profoundly and they can come through many vessels that seem so unexpected.







Lilith - George MacDonald

I immediately felt released from striving and having to decide exactly what my dreams are and foretelling how I am going to make them happen. By just being, abiding and living in His presence I am promised a dream to be given to me as I take a deep breath, listen and wait. It's almost like a gift, and the burden of it is free and easy. And as a bonus, it will be something that brings true happines!

 All I can say is I am excited to unwrap this gift and see what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment